The Bible is a vast and unique treasury of wisdom, written over a period of 1500 years by 40 authors on 3 continents. The history and prophecy of the Bible are unparalleled in human culture. But the Bible is much more than that. It is the inspired Word of God. We believe that it is important to summarize these beliefs into a bite-size and retainable system that can be shared with unbelievers.
1. The Sovereignty of God. I believe that Jehovah God created and sustains the vast universe, from the largest galaxy to the smallest cell.
2. The Deity of Christ. I believe that Jesus is God’s Son, whose death, burial and resurrection, have redeemed mankind from sin and death.
3. The Authority of Scripture. I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, the singular document of divine revelation, truth without error.
4. The Reality of Sin. I believe that sin is a curse upon all creation, and is the result of man’s fall from Grace and the work of Satan.
5. The Necessity of Salvation. I believe that salvation is an act of God’s elective grace, activated by the willful, faith-filled confession of a humble man.
6. The Ministry of the Spirit. I believe that God’s eternal Spirit indwells and empowers those who receive Christ as their personal Lord.
7. The Destiny of Man. I believe that mankind awaits the return of the Messiah, to spend eternity in the destination of either Heaven or Hell.
THE PLAN OF SALVATION
GOD’S PLAN for mankind from the beginning was fellowship with him and
fulfillment for him. Jeremiah 29:11 says, ‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a
future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.’
MAN’S PROBLEM throughout the centuries has been hereditary, willful
separation from God which began with Adam’s first sin in the garden.
Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
The separation between God and man could not be spanned by religion or good works or morality or the church.